Are you a chain smoker or a frequent beer drinker? Do you feel uncomfortable sensations in different areas of your mouth, such as numbness or speech problems? If you’re experiencing these types of conditions, then it’s highly advisable for you to consult a physician or an oral specialist immediately. These can be symptoms of mouth cancer.
Mouth cancer is a very common oral disease nowadays, which is prevalent among both men and women. This condition usually occurs because of mouth tissue and mucous membrane irritation, which then develops into cancerous tissues. Mouth cancer can result from different factors, such as smoking and alcohol use, betel chewing and exposure to sunlight. Elderly people are more prone to experiencing this type of disease.
Mouth cancer might seem like a terrestrial and mundane disease at first, but if it worsens, it can be fatal. This is why it’s important to know the different mouth cancer symptoms.
The trouble with mouth cancer symptoms is that they seem like typical oral injuries. Many people disregard these signs, thinking that they might just be symptoms of ordinary sicknesses, but in fact, they are already indicating the start of oral cancer. The initial symptoms are also usually painless. It is only in the mid-stage when the excruciating sensations begin to appear.
Here are several common mouth cancer symptoms.
* Difficulty in swallowing- Chewing becomes an unbearable task, and even small jaw movements can bring painful sensations. The tongue also always feel sore and painful.
* Appearance of mouth sores- Some spots in the mouth and oral cavity can feel raw and tender. If these do not subside after a couple of weeks, then they are indications of mouth cancer.
* Bleeding of the mouth and gums that is accompanied by numbness.
* Speech problems- The oral irritation can also cause a person’s voice to slightly change.
* Loss of weight
* Lumps found in the neck or jaw
* Dentures that feel uncomfortable- If you have false teeth, they might feel as if they don’t fit properly.
|« Mouth Cancer Sores||Mouth Cancer Treatment »|